Working with us


How to study with us


Social service (Zivildienst)

One position is available at the Research Station. The responsibilities of the civil servant cover animal keeping (including food preparation), construction work (aviaries) and house-caretaking. Technical skills, driver license and knowledge of English (especially speaking abilities) are required. The next position available starts in February 2023. If you are interested, please contact us via email, including a CV (Lebenslauf) and a letter of motivation.


Voluntary Environmental Year (Freiwilliges Umweltjahr)

If you want to acquire practical experience for your future we offer a voluntary environmental year at the Konrad Lorenz Research Station for 6-12 months within the framework "JUMP". For more information click here.



If you are interested in doing an internship at the KLF please contact us via email.





In the Alm valley, ticks occur very frequently and can transmit meningitis (FSME). We strongly recommend a vaccination before coming here.